Examples of pangram and its importance to learning typing
Have you ever listen to the word pangram? It is the jewels that make languages richer. "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog." Almost every one of us heard this set of words. This sentence is the most famous pangram circulate on the internet. In this post we will discuss on types of pangrams and it's uses. Also, here we listed a bunch of examples of pangram.
What is a pangram?
The English language has 26 letters. These 26 letters are used to make all the sentences. But half of the letters are not widely used in common words. Pangrams are a particular sequence of words that contain all the alphabets. It is the sentence that contains all the alphabets at least once. In simple words, pangrams contain all the letters from A to Z. Not all pangrams need to make sense; many don't have a practical meaning. Some of the pangrams are not even restricted to dictionary words. For example, "Zombies play crwth, quj FDG xvnk."
Different types of pangrams:
When a pangram uses each letter only one time, it is called the perfect pangram. That means, to create a perfect English pangram, you need to use all 26 letters, and the sentence must contain 26 letters only. It's very rare and generally contains words outside the dictionary.
The Self-enumeration pangram contains the number of letters itself made with.
Country codes pangram
Here two-digit ISO country codes are used to create a pangram. For example, BD, CV, ET, FR, HN, IL, JP, KG, MX, QA, SO, UY, ZW.
- BD - Bangladesh
- CV - Cape Verde
- ET - Ethiopia
- FR - France
- HN - Honduras
- IL - Israel
- JP - Japan
- KG - Kyrgyzstan
- MX - Mexico
- QA - Qatar
- SO - Somalia
- UY - Uruguay
- ZW - Zimbabwe
Initial letter pangrams
In an initial letter pangram, all the alphabet letters are used as the first letter of each word. An English initial letter pangram must contain 26 words that represent 26 letters of the alphabet.
In these pangrams, phonemes are used instead of letters. These are some of the examples of English pangrams.
These are some of the examples of pangram.
- The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.
- Mr. Jock, TV quiz PhD., bags few lynx.
- Two driven jocks help fax my big quiz.
- Waltz, nymph, for quick jigs vex Bud.
- Waltz, bad nymph, for quick jigs vex.
- My girl wove six dozen plaid jackets before she quit.
- Sixty zippers were quickly picked from the woven jute bag.
- Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.
- A wizard’s job is to vex chumps quickly in fog.
- Brown jars prevented the mixture from freezing too quickly.
- How vexingly quick daft zebras jump!
- Watch “Jeopardy!”, Alex Trebek’s fun TV quiz game.
- Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz.
- GQ’s oft lucky whiz Dr. J, ex-NBA MVP.
- We promptly judged antique ivory buckles for the next prize.
- Glib jocks quiz nymph to vex dwarf.
- When zombies arrive, quickly fax Judge Pat.
- Waxy and quivering, jocks fumble the pizza.
- The jay, pig, fox, zebra and my wolves quack!
- Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.
- The five boxing wizards jump quickly.
- Farmer jack realized that big yellow quilts were expensive.
- Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.
- Sympathizing would fix Quaker objectives.
- By Jove, my quick study of lexicography won a prize!
English perfect pangram examples
- Cwm fjord veg balks nth pyx quiz.
- Cwm fjord bank glyphs vext quiz.
- Jink cwm, zag veldt, fob qursh pyx.
- Junky qoph-flags vext crwd zimb.
- Squdgy fez, blank jimp crwth vox!
- Veldt jynx grimps waqf zho buck
- Bortz waqf glyphs vex muck djin.
- Jumbling vext frowzy hacks PDQ.
- PR flacks quiz gym: TV DJ box when?
- Zing, dwarf jocks vex lymph, Qutb.
- Zing, vext cwm fly jabs Kurd qoph.
- Kat veld zubr gif cwm jynx qophs.
Example of perfect pangrams containing non-dictionary words
- A zenith of Xvurj’s cwm KL Gybdq
- Zombies play crwth, quj FDG xvnk
- Blowzy night-frumps vex’d Jack Q.
- Dwarf mobs quiz lynx.jpg, kvetch!
- Frowzy things plumb vex’d Jack Q.
- G.B. fjords vex quick waltz nymph.
- Glum Schwartzkopf vex’d by NJ IQ.
- Gym DJ Beck vows phiz tranq flux.
- Jerk gawps foxy Qum Blvd. chintz.
- JFK got my VHS, PC and XLR web quiz.
- Jocks find quartz glyph, vex BMW.
- J.Q. Vandz struck my big fox whelp.
- J.Q. Schwartz flung D.V. Pike my box.
- Jump dogs, why vex Fritz Blank QC?
- Mr. Jock, TV quiz PhD, bags few lynx.
- New job: fix Mr. Gluck’s hazy TV, PDQ!
- Quartz glyph job vex’d cwm finks.
- Quartz jock vends BMW glyph fix.
- The glib czar junks my VW Fox PDQ.
Why are pangrams great for learning a language as well as typing?
Pangrams contain all the letters of an alphabet; that’s why it is useful for your children to practice writing and improve their handwriting too. Similarly, this is also good for typing practice. To practice touch typing, you need to use all of your 10 fingers and pangrams containing all the letters of an alphabet. That’s why it’s great to use pangrams to practice touch typing, especially for beginners. This helps the user to set fingers on the keyboard.
We have designed a unique typing test application that uses only pangrams as a source document. That makes typing practice more interesting and functional. Use this pangram typing practice and test app to set your fingers on the keyboard.Share Your Comment